Last Revised: 29 JULY 2021
Commonly designs, develops, offers, and distributes numerous products and services (“Products”) with the objective of advancing purpose and wellbeing for all. We believe that better design of our communities, healthcare services, social systems, and data gathering and use tools can default for wellbeing. Our Products collect information through our websites, mobile applications, and from customers and individuals who use our various tools.
Commonly is the exclusive licensor of the Recovery Capital Index® (“RCI”), which collects, quantifies, and analyzes personal- or user-reported data through a structured survey instrument. The RCI is delivered via software provided by our technology partner, Gloo, LLC, but also made available through API integrations, and content licensing for researcher and academic institutions.
Commonly is committed to transparency and protecting the privacy of your information. We operate with personal and health information upon four principles:
- We seek permission for the data collected, understanding that our relationship is voluntary. We have an obligation once our relationship is created to be a steward of your personal data.
- We only collect what we can protect. Your privacy is paramount. Our combined policies and practices respect, protect, secure, and govern your information with the knowledge that you may be sharing deeply sensitive information with us.
- We believe as a public benefit company that we must share appropriate elements of our work — findings, data, strategies, challenges, and impact — to improve the greater good. We have designed data practices with openness and sharing in mind that begin with appropriate consent and privacy practices.
- We also believe that our purpose requires a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Our Policy and data practices will be governed through transparency and will include diverse voices and approaches to ensure the ethical and equal application of algorithms and services.
WHAT WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us. We may collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), protected health information, as well as other information you directly give us on our website and/or through our Products.
If you choose to interact on our site and/or through our Products (e.g., by registering; using our Products; completing questionnaires, surveys, service contacts, or requests for information) Commonly will collect and store the personal information that you provide. We may collect personal information about you that you provide through telephone, text, video, live chat, or email communications. If you provide us with personal information regarding another individual, we will assume that you have that person’s consent to give us his or her personal information.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from our site and/or through our Products. Depending on circumstances and type of information, you will have given consent to others to release your information to us.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or device when you visit our site or web-based products, within current local, state, and federal laws and regulations. We log your computer or device identification, operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our site or mobile applications.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies” through our websites and Products. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive. Passive information gathered from cookies is used in the aggregate to maintain and improve our website and online communications. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the aggregate interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site. We do not merge any personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected using cookies. If you do not want to store “cookie” information on your computer, you may turn this option off in your web browser; however, please be aware that doing so will not disable the passive information collected by our site.
Please note, our site may link you to other sites on the internet. Commonly is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these other sites. You are encouraged to read the privacy policies of any site you navigate.
California Do Not Track Disclosure. We currently do not support the Do Not Track browser setting or respond to Do Not Track signals. Do Not Track (or DNT) is a preference you can set in your browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. For more details about Do Not Track, including how to enable or disable this preference, visit https://termsfeed.com/do-not-track.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, apps, and/or Products;
- to establish and verify the identity and eligibility of users and/or clients;
- to open, maintain, administer, manage, and service user/client profiles and accounts within our electronic systems;
- to analyze and improve our sites and/or Products (including developing new products and services; improving quality and safety; managing communications; analyzing our Products; performing market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our affiliates;
- to link or combine user/client information with other personal information;
- to authenticate, protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- to provide and deliver products and services that you request;
- to conform to legal requirements or industry standards, comply with legal process, defend our legal rights, or protect others.
We may combine all the information we collect with data obtained from third parties or through our Products. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our default policy is to never share your personal information to any party without your consent. We will never sell or license any personal information provided to Commonly.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your personal information with your express consent. Use of your personal information with others upon your consent will be subject to those parties’ privacy policies.
- We may share your personal information with our contracted partners to provide you with services through our sites, apps, or Products that you request from us.
- We may share your personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share your personal information with third parties who help us with our business functions, such as service providers or suppliers, and with business partners. Such third parties are not authorized to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process payments, store data, provide web hosting, and provide software development.
- We may share your personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, or when required by health oversight agencies, such as the Secretary of Health and Human Services, for legally authorized health oversight activities.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
We do not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties regarding your activities online while using our sites, apps, and Products unless you give consent for us to do so, or we are permitted to do so by law.
Your information may be stored in databases maintained by Commonly and our business associates, or third parties that are located within and outside the United States, including countries where privacy rules differ and may be less stringent than those of the country in which you reside. If you visit our site and/or use our Products from a country in the European Union, you consent to such cross-border transfers of personal data to the United States.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do that at any time by contacting us via the contact information given below or provided on our website.
Commonly Well, PBC
3 College Park Rd.
Potsdam, NY 13676